eResearch Systems Administrator and Support Officer
- Full Time
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Information Technology Division (ITD) is recruiting an eResearch Systems Administrator and Support Officer to support the design, procurement, provision and operation of internal and external IT infrastructure for academic researchers across the University.
ITD is the largest support function within UTS and it is currently composed of four areas with a community of 240 full time staff. ITD provides IT infrastructure services to meet the academic, research and administrative requirements of the University.
The eResearch Systems Administrator and Support Officer will support and train UTS staff in the use of internal and external technical systems and transitioning eResearch-developed systems to BAU in the division.
- Monitor the UTS help-desk system and resolve support requests for research-related software and hardware systems
- Assist the eResearch team in performing business analysis for research cohorts needing help with computation, data storage and visualisation
- Contribute to the development of training materials and documentation for the use of eResearch staff and researchers
- Implement and customise software solutions using off-the-shelf open source and proprietary software where possible
Main skills/experience required:
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Linux and Windows Systems Administration
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other staff of various levels of technical and professional expertise to achieve productive outcomes and provide leadership in the workplace, develop team commitment and promote collaboration and collegiality
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian eResearch Environment/landscape
- Knowledge of High Performance Computing Environments and Computing environments used by researchers is an advantage
- Excellent technical skills with hardware, computing environments, storage and networks
Base Salary Range: $84,425 to $93,394 pa (HEW 7)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing full-time basis.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply button to be taken to the advertisement on our careers page where you will find links with instructions on how to apply and the full position description.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 5th December 2016 at 11.59pm (AEST). Please note that interviews will be held week commencing the 12th of December with a start date in January 2017.)