Communications Team Leader
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
External Relations comprises two units: Advancement and Partnerships & Corporate Relations. The branch has been created to develop and foster partnerships and links with business, government, alumni, donors and the community and to optimise the effectiveness and efficiency of engagement activities, including communications, within one portfolio.
Working under limited direction, the Communications Team Leader is responsible for developing and delivering communications and marketing strategies for External Relations. With responsibility for a small team, the Communications Team Leader will drive a contemporary approach to content management, improving engagement across the branch's website and building audience engagement across our social media platforms.
The Communications Team Leader also project manages the production of publications and collateral; including the University's Lumen (Alumni) Magazine and Annual Report. A flair for copywriting is a must, as is a passion for finding great stories and an eye for detail. Some proactive and reactive media duties will be required from time to time as a senior member of the broader Media and Communications team.
Salary: Full-time (HEO7) $80,684 - $90,516 per annum.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately until 31 December 2018.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated success in implementing a Content Management (Communications) Strategy, building audience engagement and participation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of communications professionals to achieve key results in challenging circumstances, with multiple stakeholder priorities.
- A "can-do" attitude, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams, applying creativity in problem solvin.
- Experience in project managing high profile publications and/or developing new communications campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in managing websites and leveraging social media to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing, directing and creating engaging content across print and digital media.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a complex and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Knowledge of the Australian Higher Education sector desirable.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application (No more than 3 pages). If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Lachlan Parker, Deputy Director - Media & Corporate Relations, +61 08 8313 3196 or email@example.com
To obtain a copy of the Position Description, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Closing date: 30 November 2016 at 5pm.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.