Classification Research Technician-Assistant Exempt/Overtime Eligible Overtime Eligible Position Information
Posting Number 16503SP Division/Department Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Laboratory Cai, Long Work Location (City, State or Country) Pasadena, Ca. Functional Title Research Technician Job Category Fulltime Temporary If position is parttime, how many hours per week? If position is temporary, is it less than 3 months? No Benefits Eligible? Yes Relocation Available? Emergency Reporting Designation? Essential Non-Reporting Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Employment Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) 06/30/2017 Anticipated Salary Range Job Summary
This position will carry out research support for students and postdocs in Professor Long Cai’s research group in the Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Carry out research projects in conjunction with students and postdocs in the area of fluorescence microscopy and in situ hybridization.
- Assist other researchers in developing research findings and publishing results.
- Provide input to the PI and other researchers regarding the direction of the group’s research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in biochemistry or chemistry or related field
- Minimum of one year experience in biochemistry
- Possesses good biochemistry skills
- Proficient in using automated instruments.
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills
- Experience with Fluorescence in Situ hybridization.
- Experience with mammalian culturing
Supervisory position? No Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 11/17/2016 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes EEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a BS in biochemistry or chemistry or related field?
- * Do you have at least one year of experience in biochemistry?
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae