Working Title Project Assistant Research Professional Position No Posting Number 201600983AP Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies Work Hours/Week 20 Proposed Annual Salary Range $42000 - $44000 per year is the compensation for full time (1.0 FTE) or 40 hours per week. (This position is .50 FTE or 50% time at 20 hours per week) Desired Start Date 12/12/2016 Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date 11/15/2016 Open Until Filled Yes To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 12/04/2016 Description of Work Unit
CEMML is a research, education and service unit within the Warner College of Natural Resources at CSU. CEMML applies the latest and most appropriate science to promote the sustainable management of natural and cultural resources on Department of Defense (DOD) and other public lands. We provide technical support, conduct applied research, and offer career development and learning opportunities to support resource stewardship. We collaborate with our sponsors and within CSU to resolve complex environmental issues, leaving a legacy of science-based decisions that sustain our resources for future generations.
To learn more about CEMML’s contributions to land management, our mission, vision, and values, visit http://www.cemml.colostate.edu/.
A Project Assistant (Technical/Support II, Special) position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). The person filling the position will be hired on a .5 FTE or 50% time at 20 hours per week. This position is located at Fort Collins, Colorado. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the United States by proposed start date. CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Travel expenses for interviews will be limited to a maximum of $350 per candidate. Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Required Job Qualifications
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. by the proposed start date; CEMML will not provide visa sponsorship for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Two years of experience working as an administrative support person in research or consulting services setting or similar environment.
- Experience with and proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, while exhibiting strong evidence of customer service.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience providing administrative support to sponsored projects in a University setting
- Experience working in an environmental science research environment in a University setting
- Experience working with Human Resources within a University setting
- Experience tracking project budgets.
- Experience with and proficiency in using Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Demonstrated ability to successfully adapt and respond to change as priorities change.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Project Presentations and Reporting Duty/Responsibility
Work closely with the project manager and senior project staff to track and create project communications by developing presentations, progress reports and executive summaries by gathering information from project staff. Presentations and reports are required project deliverables and must be submitted to the project sponsor.
Percentage Of Time 65 Job Duty Category Project Support Duty/Responsibility
Maintain calendars and schedules, assists project manager with travel, prepares materials for meetings and captures meeting minutes for publication, tracking project budgets, and performs special assignments requiring research. Assist with project staffing functions for the Project Manager, such as preparing position descriptions, coordinating searches, orienting new hires, and tracking hiring process progress.
Percentage Of Time 20 Job Duty Category Purchasing Support and Equipment Management Duty/Responsibility
Manage inventory supplies and equipment for projects. Submit project purchase requests and track purchases and equipment distribution. Purchasing and equipment tracking support ensures all staff equipment needs are met to ensure their ability to complete their tasks.
Percentage Of Time 15 Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
Prospective candidates should apply online at http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/39500. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications in the announcement to be considered for hire. Apply no later than December 4th, 2016 for full consideration. Upload each of the items below individually as a Word Document (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Please note that incomplete applications cannot be considered. Please remove social security numbers and birth dates from application materials. A complete application consists of:
1) Statement of Qualifications (one page letter addressing each qualification described in announcement)
3) Transcripts (for each degree earned that is listed under qualifications)
4) Degree Conferral (copy of diploma if transcripts do not include confirmation that degree was awarded)
5) Three references (contact information for professional references including at least one supervisor, references will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates)
Conditions of Employment Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Special Requirements/Other - • Candidate must be able to comply with all applicable regulations to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC). Furthermore, candidates are required at a minimum to complete a NACI/SF85 and successfully pass a federal background check to remain eligible for empl Search Contact Jacie Ullrich - email@example.com EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested Maximum Requested Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree?
- * Do you have two years of experience working as an administrative support person in research or consulting services setting or similar environment?
- * Do you have experience with and proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and OneNote?
- * Do you understand this is a part time position?
- * Do you understand relocation expenses are not available with the position?
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Professional References
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Resume or CV
- Official Transcripts