6 days left
- Full Time
Working Title Post-Doc Scientist, Biopharm Process Dev. and R&D-Open pool Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201600945AP Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies Work Hours/Week Proposed Annual Salary Range $48,000-65,000 Desired Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Open Posting Date Open Until Filled No To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on Description of Work Unit
BioMARC is a contract manufacturing organization (CMO) of FDA regulated products. It was created to fill an industry need for higher containment biologic manufacturing. BioMARC is a nonprofit CMO owned and operated by CSU,and was created to translate and produce bio-pharmaceutical products for non-clinical, clinical, and commercial use under Biosafety level 2, 3 and Select Agent bio-security conditions. In addition to manufacturing and testing services, BioMARC offers product and process development services, which includes the creation of development programs focused on implementing cGMP regulations and scalability issues.
The Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Academic Resource Center at Colorado State University is seeking postdoctoral scientists to perform biological process development work and novel product R&D work in the field of Vaccines, Therapeutics and/or Diagnostic products for human use. The positions require a versatile individual with both applied/hands-on laboratory experience as well as an understanding of concepts employed in traditional microorganism/biological manipulation (bacteria, virus, proteins, nucleic material, etc.), biotechnology, biopharmaceuticals and product life cycle development. They will be responsible for designing and implementing studies to support production goals (yield, purity, potency scalability, quality, safety, etc.) and also to lead investigational programs into the development of biopharmaceuticals. These positions will be expected to effectively perform literature studies in order to understand the state of the art in a given research area. They will be expected to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team of researchers, be self-motivated, and have excellent written communication skills. The results of the successful work is expected to be used to generate new intellectual property, be presented at national conferences, and generate new research proposals. The dissemination of results through peer reviewed publications is expected.
Required Job Qualifications
PhD with major subject area in Microbiology, Virology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Pathology, Infectious Disease or similar.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Has experience in US code of federal regulation fields of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), General Good Practices (GXP) – Laboratory, Manufacturing and Clinical.
• Biosafetly Level 3 experience/ or high containment facility.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category Management Duty/Responsibility
• Manage, design and implement developmental laboratory studies to support improvements in manufacturing processes and sample testing methods in collaboration with other departments.
• Manage and implement BioSafey and EHS programs within BioMARC as appropriate.
• Facilitate the complete transfer (from initial contact, through development of technology transfer plan, to complete process or assay execution at BioMARC) of Technology Transfer packages.
• Routinely present scientific information to management and clients (formally and informally).
• Manages support staff as well as material inventories for development use.
• Makes use of technology to develop and maintain a highly transparent PD infrastructure and department.
• Participates (to the benefit of BioMARC) in PD Departmental audits by external subject matter experts.
Percentage Of Time 40 Job Duty Category Research Duty/Responsibility
• Independently research and develop methods to increase productivity, decrease costs, maintain quality and consistency in current products, and discovery of new methods and/or products.
• Must perform and teach to staff both simple and complex cell culture, protein purifications, DNA/RNA manipulations, immunohistochemistry, and other standard biological laboratory methods.
• Research and/or development in collaboration with others to make detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results of biopharmaceutical studies.
• Exercises technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments and studies that contribute to project goals.
• Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses. Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
• Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature. May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals. Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
Percentage Of Time 40 Job Duty Category Administrative Duty/Responsibility
• Required to record laboratory activities daily in project-specific laboratory notebooks under GDP.
• Responsible for contract deliverables and meeting project timelines as they relate to process/product development.
• Assist Director in identifying biologic product types/areas as potential new avenues for research programs.
• Creates development protocols, reports, SOPs and other directive documents.
• Justifies (in writing) to the Director all hours spent on: each business opportunity; each operational project; departmental management, other job duties, etc.
• Perform other duties as requested.
Percentage Of Time 20 Application Details
Special Instructions to Applicants
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
This pool expires November 30, 2017. Applicants wishing to be considered beyond this date must reapply.
Conditions of Employment Search Contact Kathleen Landon. Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org EEO Statement
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Minimum Requested Maximum Requested Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter