- Innovative and Supportive Environment
- Attractive salary package including 17% superannuation
- Leafy North Ryde Campus - convenient with public transport, onsite parking and shopping centre
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In the Faculty of Business and Economics we are highly engaged with the world around us, applying our knowledge to make a positive impact. Working with our corporate partners, students and alumni, we create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges. We attract independent thinkers from all corners of the globe and draw on our international connections to improve the lives of communities worldwide. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance, within the Faculty of Business and Economics, delivers internationally recognised and accredited programmes. These include accredited programmes in Bachelor of Commerce - Professional Accounting, Master of Accounting and Master of Advanced Professional Accounting. We are one of the largest qualified accounting graduate providers in Australia and enjoy great support from professional bodies both in Australia and globally. We also house five research networks, publish research articles, books, book chapters and other research outlets in the areas of international accounting, management accounting, sustainability, audit and assurance, corporate governance, business law, and information systems. For services, the Department also provides out-reach activities with both businesses and the profession.
We are currently seeking an Associate Professor with scholarly expertise in accounting, governance and related disciplines. Successful applicants will be expected to make a strong contribution to research, coordinate and teach undergraduate and postgraduate units in accounting and governance, supervise research students and make a positive contribution to the reputation of the Department, Faculty and University.
To be considered for this position applicants must respond to the selection criteria below:
Essential Selection Criteria
- A PhD in accounting or equivalent relevant doctorate
- Outstanding contributions to scholarship and research in the discipline as evidenced by ongoing publications in top tier journals and recognition as an eminent authority in the discipline
- Leadership skills and extensive experience in mentoring research students and staff members
- A national and international reputation in research
- Proven ability to attract industry funding or competitive grant funding
- Demonstrated willingness to undertake management responsibility at a senior level in the Department, and to contribute at the faculty and the University level
- Distinguished record of high quality teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- High quality interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- A demonstration of professionalism, sense of responsibility and integrity in matters pertaining to all related academic activities of the Department, Faculty and the University.
Salary Package: from $142,197 to $156,406 p.a (Level D), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing (subject to probationary conditions)
Specific Role Enquiries: Associate Professor Rahat Munir on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 11:55pm, Friday 9 December 2016 AEDT
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.