Small Animal Medicine
- Prestigious International University
- Wide Range of Employee Benefits
- Continuing Position available immediately
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
The Faculty of Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. As the first university in Australia to grant degrees in science (1882), science has long been at the cornerstone of the institution and this continues today. As a research and education leader in fields such as biomedical sciences, agricultural, environmental and earth sciences, and photonics, the faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment.
The School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences is seeking a small animal internal medicine specialist to join their high calibre team out at Roseworthy. The successful candidate will have access to some of the best clinical facilities in the world, equipped with state of the art radiography and digital imaging equipment including a new Toshiba Alexion Advance Edition 16 slice CT scanner with 1500mm couch and EquusCT scan table.
The School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences is seeking a Lecturer in Small Animal Internal Medicine to join their high calibre team at Roseworthy. The successful candidate will have access to some of the best clinical facilities in the world, and work alongside a dedicated team of companion animal clinicians and nurses. We require a veterinarian eligible to practice in South Australia who has at least 5 years of experience in small animal practice, with a specific interest in internal medicine. This position will be responsible for delivering a clinical service in small animal internal medicine, and undertaking clinical and didactic teaching.
The University will provide visa sponsorship, in addition to an attractive relocation package to successful national and international candidates.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated team of academic and professional staff and work in one of the nicest regions of the world.
To be successful in this role, you should have as a minimum:
- Qualification acceptable for registration in South Australia
- At least 5 years experience in small animal general practice, with an interest in internal medicine.
- Membership of the ANZCVS (or equivalent) in either internal medicine or emergency medicine and critical care. Candidates with residency training in internal medicine or with specialist qualifications in internal medicine are also encouraged to apply, but this is not a mandatory requirement.
- Demonstrated ability and confidence to teach veterinary students in lectures, on the clinic floor and in small group settings.
- A commitment to evidence based veterinary medicine and continuing education.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively a member of a clinical team.
Salary commensurate with experience and an employer superannuation contribution of 17% may apply.
Closing Date: 30 November 2016
Please visit our website for further information and to download the Role Statement and Selection Criteria: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/492272
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mandy Holloway, telephone: +61 (08) 8313 7740 or email: email@example.com
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.