Lecturer or Senior Lecturer - Coordinator in Legal Studies
The Faculty of Law, one of Australia's premier law schools, has a long and distinguished history and strong reputation nationally and internationally for high quality research and success with competitive grant funding.
The successful appointee will be responsible for undertaking the role of coordinator of the Bachelor of Legal Studies course and monitor, implement and promote the course.
In the role you will:
- Make an effective and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of national and increasingly of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and contribute to the successful supervision of research higher degree students.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and where relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of a high quality.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
You will be employed on a continuing, full time basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A Bachelor/Honours degree in Law and a PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- A good record of, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national recognition and made worthwhile contributions, preferably in one of the Faculty's areas of research strength, demonstrated by a record of quality publications, presentations at conferences and preferably success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- A capacity to contribute to successful research higher degree supervision and completions.
- A capacity to contribute to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry and wider community.
- Experience in University-level teaching and learning and capacity to teach one or more core units in Law.
Appointment to this role will be at Lecturer (Level B) or Senior Lecturer (Level C) Academic Level:Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $125486 comprising base salary within the range of $90,962 to $107,253 plus 17% superannuation.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $148178 comprising base salary within the range of $110,526 to $126,648 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information, contact Professor Margaret Otlowski, Dean - Faculty of Law, Margaret.Otlowski@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 7569.
** To apply, click Apply Now. Please note, your application must as a minimum include your CV, a cover letter, and your responses to the selection criteria.
Applications close Thursday, 1 December 2016