Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor - Clinical Legal Education
The Faculty of Law, one of Australia's premier law schools, has a long and distinguished history and strong reputation nationally and internationally for high quality research and success with competitive grant funding.
The successful appointee will be responsible for coordinating the units taught in the Legal Education program, coordinate placements of students participating in the Clinical Legal program, and identify new opportunities for clinical legal education.
In the role you will:
- Make a strong and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research of national and increasingly of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and contribute to the successful supervision of research higher degree students to completion.
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate (and where relevant postgraduate) coursework teaching of an exemplary quality.
- Increasingly provide academic leadership, particularly in fostering outstanding research and/or learning and teaching.
Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
You will be employed on a continuing, full time basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A Bachelor/Honours degree in Law and a PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- A strong record of, and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national/international recognition and made notable contributions, preferably in one of the Faculty's areas of research strength, demonstrated by a record of quality publications, presentations at conferences and preferably success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- A record of good contribution to successful research higher degree supervision and completions.
- A record of contributing to building and maintaining effective and productive links locally and nationally with the discipline, profession, industry and wider community.
- Experience and demonstrated achievement in University-level teaching and learning in one or more core units in Law.
Appointment to this role will be at Senior Lecturer (Level C) or Associate Professor (Level D) Academic Level:
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $148178 comprising base salary within the range of $110,526 to $126,648 plus 17% superannuation.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $169546 comprising base salary within the range of $132,020 to $144,911 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information, contact Professor Margaret Otlowski, Dean - Faculty of Law, Margaret.Otlowski@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 7569.
** To apply, click Apply Now. Please note, your application must as a minimum include your CV, a cover letter, and your responses to the selection criteria.
Applications close Thursday, 1 December 2016