Senior Officer Student Experience
- Make a difference to the lives of our students
- Full time, fixed term opportunity based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $61,428 - $69,175 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The Senior Officer provides first point of contact to University clients, particularly current students face-to-face, phone, CRM and social media channels. This service is to be provided with a focus on delivering excellent customer service. You will work within the 'virtual' and the 'face to face' customer service operations on a rotational/roster basis. You will are required to employ and maintain a professional, positive and solution orientated approach across all work practices and daily interactions.
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Promptly and professionally respond to, resolve and refer student enquiries and transactions using comprehensive knowledge and information database systems to ensure timely and accurate information is conveyed to customers
- Undertake basic investigative tasks in relation to escalated enquiries where required and further escalate any complex enquiries or client feedback to the Coordinator, Student Experience
- Assist with service data collection, compilation and reporting to ensure that established Service-level Agreements (SLAs) are met that are in line with business goals and objectives.
- Become a subject matter expert in a particular area of La Trobe University, and be a point of contact in this area for the ASK La Trobe team. Proactively develop, maintain and apply a thorough working knowledge of business related information including; programs, policies and procedures and ensure all university regulatory and procedural requirements are met.
- Contribute to continuous improvement principles assisting with the identification, development and maintenance of processes and procedures designed to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Process information and student record related transactions, providing factual advice, ensuring the confidentiality, security and integrity of information is maintained in line with university and legislative requirements.
- Effectively operate across a range of IT applications and service platforms which include face-to-face counter work, email, telephone, web-based FAQs, inquiry systems, student and customer management systems. Ensuring the accuracy of information and management systems is maintained.
- The collection, receipt and reconciliation of payments as and where required
Skills & Experience
To succeed, you will possess:
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery of high quality customer service
- The ability to positively resolve problems and ability to provide interpretation, advice and decisions on rules and entitlements through conceptual understanding of the relevant policies, procedures and systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently, to follow established procedures, to be an effective team member and delivery outputs in a timely manner
- High level proficiency in computer software
- Experience in a customer service environment either in a tertiary institution or comparable organisation
- Experience in the Higher Education sector, preferably as part of a busy student administration environment
- Knowledge and experience in the maintenance of customer service and student information systems
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Friday 2nd December 2016 at 11.55pm AEST
Position Enquiries: Prue Kasby, Senior Coordinator Student Experience on 03 9479 2656
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.