Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Nutrition & Dietetics
SALARY RANGE: $90,779- $127,681 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) negotiable and ongoing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of nutrition and dietetics with a focus on clinical dietetics and/or food service management and research in one or more of the following fields: treatment and management of diet-related chronic disease (such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease), gastrointestinal health, oncology, mental health, malnutrition, ageing, aged care and rehabilitation. The appointee will promote the School and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School's teaching, research, and program development.
This will include:
- Teaching in the area of nutrition and dietetic practice at the undergraduate and postgraduate level that is consistent with the University's principles of teaching, learning and the student experience.
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology.
- Contributing to building an active (national) research record, including publication and the generation of external research income.
- Participating with colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
- PhD in a relevant field of nutrition and dietetics.
- Current or recent (within last five years) practice in dietetics with a practical and/or theoretical background in one or more of: treatment and management of diet-related chronic disease (such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease); gastrointestinal health; oncology, mental health; malnutrition, ageing, aged care and rehabilitation.
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution to the Faculty's teaching programs in nutrition, dietetics and professional dietetic practice through personal teaching and academic leadership;
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations and (the nutrition and dietetic sector and) with domestic educational institutions (and industry)
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor David Crawford, telephone +61 3 9244 6616, email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 11 December 2016
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
More jobs like this
- £80,001 - £90,000 Permanent Agriculture, Food & Forestry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Burwood
- £80,001 - £90,000 Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Burwood
- £80,001 - £90,000 Permanent Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Burwood
- £80,001 - £90,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Burwood