Learning and Teaching Leader
Auckland New Zealand
Support teaching and learning and the purpose of MIT, “Getting people into Great Jobs”
Manukau Institute of Technology is a leading Auckland provider at the forefront of changing lives through vocational education.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an effective, dynamic individual to join our Academic Centre. The Academic Centre is responsible for supporting the implementation of key strategies through programme development and accreditation, professional development and continuous improvement.
This exciting new position will take your career to the next level. Reporting to the Academic Director the Learning and Teacher Advisor will be instrumental in providing operational and academic leadership. The purpose of this key role will be to lead professional development activities to support capability development and change in pedagogical approaches to learning and teaching at MIT. This role will be critical in leading a team comprising digital and culturally responsive learning and teaching expertise to support implementation of the Academic Plan and Institute Strategies.
The successful applicant will:
- Share expertise in relation to learning and teaching pedagogy and excellent practice, ensuring the team understands and supports the implementation of key strategic requirements in relation to learning and teaching activities.
- Develop and role-model learning and teaching practice which is research informed and cognisant of disciplinary and cultural diversity, and showcases the use of the Learning Management System and learning and teaching strategies.
- Research and actively contribute to the Academic Centre’s initiatives and projects
- Work with programme development teams to support the planning and implementation of academic programme and curriculum development in line with relevant strategic plans and pedagogical principles
- Support the prioritisation of the development of courses and programmes in consultation with faculty leadership teams
- Support programme teams in the design of curricula and assessments that align with learning and teaching strategies
Do you have a successful track record in teaching and learning and possess at least 3 years’ experience in an academic programme or course development and curriculum design role? Are you passionate about the design and development of high-quality learning and value continuous improvement? If you enjoy sharing knowledge and helping people to achieve educational outcomes we would love to hear from you
In return you will work with people who are passionate about the positive impact we make to the communities we serve. We offer a work environment which values genuine people who care for others, are well-connected, open and approachable and strive for excellence in all we do.
“Kua herea mātou ki te whai i te tūturutanga o Te Tiriti O Waitangi.” We are committed to creating and maintaining a culturally sensitive work environment in relation to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We will be actively managing all applications upon receipt in order to expedite the appointment process.
Job Reference: 16411
Ref: For a copy of the job description or to apply please visit http://careers.manukau.ac.nz.
If you would like any further information please contact Alison Redfern-Daly 00 64 9 968 8759