Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Science
Campus Location:North Sydney
Functional Unit:School of Science NSW
Work Type:Continuing full time
- Teach in our new Bachelor of Science degree program and our Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Contribute to curriculum development
- Full-time continuing position located at our MacKillop campus in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 1,800 staff supporting more than 30,000 students across seven campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The School of Science is a national school, operating on each campus of the University. The School provides service teaching to the health professional schools of the Faculty and hosts a Bachelor of Biomedical Science and a Bachelor of Science.
As either a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer you will:
- deliver large and small group teaching including lectures, tutorials and practical classes
- design appropriate projects and supervise honours students to completion
- undertake scholarship in the area of science teaching and implement continuous improvement principles
- contribute to curriculum development, implementation and review.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD degree in a science discipline or related relevant fields
- research experience and skills in molecular biology, genetics, microbiology and / or aquatic systems
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- excellence in teaching tertiary students in theoretical and/or practical classes.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description PD North Sydney - 15.11.16.pdf. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $110,847 - $130,747 pa, including salary component $93,667 - $110,590 pa (for Lecturer, Academic Classification Level B), OR $138,669 - $150,553 total remuneration pa, including salary component $117,361 - $127,518 pa (for Senior Lecturer, Academic Classification Level C), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be directed to: Dr Cliff Seery, Deputy Head of School of Science NSW on (02) 9739 2844
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 30 November 2016
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Advertised: 16 Nov 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Nov 2016 AUS Eastern Daylight Time