Research Associate or Research Fellow in Physics
- 12 month appointment (possibility of extension)
- Salary range: Level A $67,352 - $91,397 p.a. or Level B $96,210 - $114,250 p.a.(will be commensurate with the experience)
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
The UWA gravitational wave astronomy group invites applications for a postdoctoral Research Associate (level A) or Research Fellow (level B) position in the broad areas of gravitational wave signal processing, astrophysics, and multi-messenger astronomy for ground-based interferometric gravitational-wave detectors and/or pulsar timing array. From 2017, the group will be part of the newly funded ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational wave Discovery (http://www.arc.gov.au/arc-centres-excellence) (ozGrav).
The initial appointment will be for one year, renewable up to three years depending on funding situation and performance. The position is available immediately.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD or equivalent in physics, astronomy, engineering, or computer science.
- Excellence in research in the fields of gravitational wave data analysis, astrophysics and supercomputing
- Publications in high impact journals
- Ability to establish international collaborations with leading international experts.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Monday 9 January 2016
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.