Research Officer in Medicine
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (ROYAL PERTH HOSPITAL CAMPUS)
- 2 year appointment
- Salary range: Level 6 $77,122 - $81,629 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The successful candidate will coordinate all aspects of the implementation, conduct and management of clinical trials and studies in the area of cardiovascular/hypertension research (amongst others). Undertake clinical assessments, perform experimental tests and assist with treatments and procedures to ensure the delivery of safe, quality care in the clinical research setting.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Health Science degree / Bachelor of Science
- Previous experience in conducting clinical trials
- Proven ability to perform routine and complex clinical trial procedures in accordance with research protocols e.g. venepuncture, clinical assessments, laboratory sample processing, assistance with cardiovascular and neurovascular research techniques such
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and take a responsible role in a clinical research team
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relevant to the conduct clinical research e.g. ICH-GCP Guidelines
- Experience in preparation of Ethics and Governance submissions for clinical research
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing Date: Wednesday 30 November 2016
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.