We are searching for a highly motivated individual who will work as part of a team to carry out structural and functional studies on protein assemblies. The work includes all aspects of protein crystallography, and in the development of bacterial or baculoviral protein expression systems (PCR, cloning, recombinant DNA techniques), expression of proteins (tissue culture techniques), the purification of expressed proteins (FPLC, SDS-PAGE, western blot), and protein crystallization. In addition will help with general lab maintenance and organization (ordering, culture plates, competent cells).
- Help with maintaining laboratory organization
- Generation of various common laboratory reagents
- Generation and testing of expression constructs
- Large-scale purification of single proteins and protein complexes
- Identification of crystallization conditions using sparse matrix screens
- Biochemical and biophysical characterization of protein-protein and protein-RNA interactions
- Functional analysis in yeast and mammalian cells
- A highly motivated and qualified candidate may develop independent projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in science required and educational emphasis in chemistry or biology.
- Must have good practical experience in all basic molecular biology techniques, able to learn new skills related to all aspects of protein crystallography.
- Ability to perform work in a neat and orderly manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent organization and communication skills are required.
- A two year commitment is expected.
- Previous experience in a biochemistry or structural biology laboratory would be beneficiary.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 11/15/2016
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.