Professor of IT Law (Databases, Data Processing and Privacy in the field of ICT)
Professor of Information Technology Law (Databases, Data Processing and Privacy in the field of Information and Communication Technologies)
Position title: Professor of Information Technology Law
Structural unit: School of Law, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Tartu
Duties and responsibilities: General duties and responsibilities:
- fostering the growth of smart specialization in University of Tartu;
- contributing to the important developments and research projects of Estonia.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- assembling and managing the work of the working group sustainably at the University of Tartu based on the requirements of the ASTRA programme, which focuses on the legal foundations of databases, data processing and privacy related to information and communication technologies, and linking the working group to international academic networks;
- applying for research and development grants, foremost Horizon 2020 projects and other international research grants;
- conducting international research in the field of databases, data processing and privacy related to information and communication technologies;
- teaching courses in classroom and online in the framework of Information Technology Law Master’s programme (privacy and data protection) and developing new courses;
- teaching courses in classroom and online in the framework of Doctoral studies, including developing courses (Digital Economy and Community, Digital Databases and Internet of Things)
- supervising student research projects in the fields of databases, data processing or privacy and in other topics in field of research;
- participating in the committee evaluating student research projects;
- upon successful research funding supervising at least two PhD fellows;
- supervising at least one doctoral dissertation that is successfully defended.
Work load: 1.0 (full time)
Classroom work load: At least 128 academic hours per calendar year.
Term of contract: September 1, 2017 until June 30, 2022.
Current position holder: New position.
Salary: 63750 EUR/year (incl. taxes)
Required qualifications: Doctoral degree in Law or an equivalent qualification. Qualification in the field of technology or IT is considered as an advantage.
- Experience in conducting academic research on a high level, incl. in the field of databases, data processing and privacy related to information and communication technologies;
- success in acquiring research funds in law and information technology fields;
- experience in leading international research projects;
- experience in conducting classroom teaching in the last 5 years in graduate and postgraduate level. Additional teaching experience in the field of information technology law and knowledge regarding of databases, data processing and privacy related to information and communication technologies of European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) and the USA is considered as an advantage.
Required language skills: English.
It is recommended that during the period of employment the applicant will be ready to obtain skills in Estonian.
Additional information The professor will be provided with working space on the premises of the School of Law of the University of Tartu and will be offered other support services.
Opportunity to extend employment contract.
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org