Faculty General Manager
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology is key to the UTS wider strategy for growth and success and was recently ranked 86th Globally in the 2016 ARWU rankings. The Faculty is seeking a strategically focused, agile individual who will support the Faculty and Dean to continue to build success by providing leadership of the professional functions of the faculty.
About the Faculty
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology (FEIT) is an Australian leader in practice-based learning and industry engagement and recognised internationally for its areas of research strength and expertise. The Faculty delivers rigorous, practical and industry-focused education and research that encourages disruptive technologies and cultivates exceptional engineering and information technology professionals.
FEIT has a well-established culture that balances compliance with policy, and maintains a positive outlook of excellence, connectivity and responsiveness. The Faculty is made up of five Schools, multiple research centres, engineering laboratories, a workshop and computer laboratories. UTS is also currently investing heavily in new research lab facilities on and off campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate and implement the faculty’s strategic and annual action planning
- Identify, direct and/or sponsor strategic projects which support high level Faculty initiatives. Adopt effective change management principles and practices to deliver outcomes.
- Lead and implement human resource management, financial and budgetary management, management information and reporting, strategic planning and governance, communications, administrative services, infrastructure and operations.
- Lead all professional staff in the faculty Keep abreast of developments, maintain best practice and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement.
- Keep abreast of developments, maintain best practice and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills together with extensive experience in business transformation.
- Highly developed and extensive experience in the development and implementation of strategic planning activity
- Extensive experience in contributing effectively at the executive management level
- Highly developed skills in relationship and people management including negotiation/influencing, motivation and a demonstrated ability to build effective, high performance teams.
- Extensive experience in managing a diverse range of functions in a higher education or equivalent environment.
- Well-developed communication skills both oral and written and the ability to work with diverse and influential stakeholders.
Salary Range: An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered.
The university offers 17% superannuation. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “IRC87860 – Faculty General Manager”.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Tuesday 13th December at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as GLBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.