Associate Director Business Development & Global Operations
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Development) and Vice President, the portfolio:
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships,
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model,
- coordinates enterprise-wide fundraising and alumni activities,
- manages global mobility opportunities for RMIT students.
The Associate Director Business Development and Global Operations will have extensive commercial acumen and ability to manage the end-to-end process of prospecting for new opportunities for the University to engage in delivering RMIT programs outside of Australia
This position will provide leadership and drive collaborative working to successfully win new program delivery business for RMIT and build robust approaches to sustain and expand existing partnerships
The incumbent will adopt a portfolio management approach to manage the suite of partnerships and opportunities that are identified, delivered and managed, ensuring diversity in geographies, partnerships programs and delivery methods. The position is responsible for broader operations, including partnership lifecycle management, partnership governance and risk management, and for delivering support of the University's priority partnerships, coordinating meetings and delegations with international institutions, embassies and other stakeholders as required.
The position involves sourcing leads and managing these through to contracts, using Client Relationship Management and account management practices to manage partnerships, dashboards and other performance metrics to ensure ongoing performance and continued improvement in the team. The position will drive a team of staff to deliver outcomes for the University's Global Development agenda, providing coaching and mentoring to staff to move towards a more commercial approach to working
Skills & Experience required
- Sustained, high-level experience in successfully leading and managing a global-focused, commercially focused business development function within a large organisation preferably with current experience working outside Australia in identifying and closing education deals.
- Proven track record in identifying and winning new business, using a variety of market and opportunity assessment tools, excellent relationship management skills and business acumen. Ability to operate at a strategic level to navigate different Asian cultures, regulatory, government and education environments.
- Extensive experience in proactive account management, quality assurance and risk management functions within Industry and/or a University environment with a proven track record in achieving growth targets.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategic globally-focused business development plans for large complex organisations and in achieving high level revenue and commercial targets across different markets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills which lead to establishment and development of business partnerships, internally, locally and globally
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyse and interpret a wide range of strategic, commercial and financial information, to make rational decisions, and to develop sound conceptual frameworks for managing complex problems and issues.
- Outstanding leadership skills, including capacity to initiate, lead and manage change in a challenging and dynamic environment while striving to achieve strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated experience, achievements and skills in assessing markets opportunities and developing networks and strategic alliances and delivering project management in complex organisations.
- Deep understanding of critical success factors necessary to drive the university's objectives and behaviours that support a commitment to the RMIT values.
To view a Position Description and apply online please go to http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/jobSearch.asp quoting job ref #556081
Applications close on Wednesday 30th November 2016
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.