Leader in Information Services
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Development) and Vice President, the portfolio:
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships,
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model,
- coordinates enterprise-wide fundraising and alumni activities,
- manages global mobility opportunities for RMIT students.
The Leader, Information Services is responsible for the delivery of strategic goals related to alumni and philanthropy through sophisticated and effective knowledge management. Key focuses for this role will be data-driven digital engagement, developing and delivering seamless business solutions and sophisticated data analysis to effectively target activities.
- Contribute to strategic discussions and decision making and implement an information services plan to effectively achieve goals outlined in both the alumni and philanthropy strategies and RMIT 2020 Strategy
- Role model RMIT values and the behaviours of a Senior Leader in line with the RMIT Leader Profiles, and build the capability of the information services team by ensuring effective use of Workplans.
- Review and develop policies, procedures and business processes related to Alumni and Philanthropy information services and management, working towards seamless business solutions that enable enterprise-wide benefits.
- Act as a liaison between Alumni and Philanthropy and Information Technology Services and other product vendors, ensuring effective service, prioritisation of key projects, knowledge of IT infrastructure, effective configuration of the CRM and CMS systems and proactive identification and problem solving regarding changes which may impact on the work of alumni and philanthropy.
- Activate existing data analytics and ensure newly introduced analytics platforms work to assess the impact of alumni and philanthropy activities in order to drive future decision making, strategic planning and business decisions
- Investigate and implement processes to drive continuous improvements in the quality of data held on alumni and donors, both through internal practices and via external providers.
- Identify ways to further improve business outcomes through CRM systems development and deliver on agreed priorities
- Lead the effective management of all philanthropic gifts to RMIT (over 120 funds) from processing to disbursement and reporting.
- Manage the sharing of data between key RMIT systems including SAMS, Chronus, InPlace and SAP, developing integrated solutions where possible and identifying and sourcing other data sets which would further enable the work of Alumni and Philanthropy.
- Ensure all staff are provided training to enable them to use both CRM and CMS systems within the context of their roles.
Skills & Experience required
You must have extensive knowledge of IT systems and software that support Alumni and Philanthropy activities, including CRM and CMS systems. Knowledge of Raisers' Edge CRM would be an advantage. You must have exposure successfully developing and delivering strategic objectives and operational plans for Information Services. Outstanding problem solving skills and the capacity to produce creative solutions to technical and other problems is essential.
You must have a sound knowledge of core compliance regulations relating to gift processing, receipting and disbursement and information management relating to privacy law. Experience in systems development, data analytics and developing reports to inform alumni and philanthropic programming and decision making is essential
To view a Position Description and apply online please go to http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/jobSearch.asp quoting job ref #556076
Applications close on Wednesday 30th November 2016
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.