Global Partnership Operations Officer
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Global Development Portfolio is responsible for making RMIT genuinely global in operations and outlook. Under the leadership of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Development) and Vice President, the portfolio:
- leads and coordinates RMIT's global education partnerships,
- identifies, reviews and harnesses opportunities to further enhance RMIT's global model,
- coordinates enterprise-wide fundraising and alumni activities,
- manages global mobility opportunities for RMIT students.
This position provides critical support for the Global Development Portfolio's activities in China by providing translation of documents (Chinese-English, English-Chinese) and high quality administrative support services
- Provide translation of documents from English to Mandarin and vice versa, and interpreting services, to support the University's business development work and current global education partnership activity in China.
- Support the work of the Global Operations and Partnerships team to manage accreditations, in-country approvals for education activities and regular audits.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor approval processes, tracking sheets/databases, risk registers, project plans, using document management systems and other relevant tools related to the work of the team
- Provide a high quality administrative support service to the business unit, including appropriate follow up actions where relevant.
- Assist in the preparation of confidential briefings and reports, correspondence, background information and presentation materials as appropriate.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, within and outside the University internationally and locally, being mindful of cultural differences at all times and ensuring the effective flow of information and collaboration.
- Prepare meeting agendas, minutes and papers and distribute documentation and follow up actions arising from meetings as appropriate
Skills & Experience required
You must be fluent in Mandarin and be able to demonstrate skills in building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders .You will have proven ability to apply and interpret information, to give advice and make recommendations including experience in the development and management of administration systems.
Advanced organisational and planning skills, including ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritise work and complete tasks to tight timelines with attention to detail and accuracy is also essential.
Strong proficiency in MS Word for Windows, MS Excel, SAP also preferred.
To view a Position Description and apply online please go to http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/jobSearch.asp quoting job ref #556079
Please scroll down to "Apply". Applications close on Sunday 4th December 2016
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.