Team Leader Research Infrastructure & Strategy Support
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Research, Innovation and Commercialisation, University Services
Salary: $95,844 - $103,739 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,500 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Team Leader – Research Infrastructure and Strategy Support is a member of the Major Initiatives, Contracts and Grants Team which sits within the Research, Innovation and Commercialisation portfolio.
About the role
This role coordinates the provision of high quality strategic, business and administrative support services with a focus on research infrastructure and strategy support. Leading a small team, the role plans and oversees workflow, task completion, relationship management and provision of specialist advice on all aspects of research infrastructure portfolio at the direction of Chancellery (Research). The position also provides supervisor support and oversight of the Hallmark Initiatives program and Institutional Centres for Research and Research Training and may, at times, lead and support strategically important, high value funding opportunities within the Major Initiatives Team, particularly as related to research infrastructure. The position works across Major Initiatives, RIC Chancellery and Academic Divisions to deliver high quality research outcomes for the University.
To be successful in this role you will be passionate about continuous improvement and innovation with a proven record of influencing and engaging others with your leadership skills. Your strong customer centric focus will ensure you build strong working relationships.
- Post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of the strategic research infrastructure environment and understanding of the broader research funding environment
- Demonstrated experience in providing successful service-oriented administration of complex programs
- Expert planning and organisation skills, especially in the successful coordination of organisation-wide programs and strategically important funding calls
- High level of initiative including a commitment to continuous improvement, efficiency and efficacy
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex budgets and monitoring investment
- Experience in managing projects and/or project teams
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus; whether it's lunchtime music events or free public lectures, there is always something to attract your interest. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: Sunday 4 December 2016
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria. The University also has a competency index that outlines the desired competency and its indicative behaviours please see http://hr.unimelb.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0011/1309709/Competency_Index.pdf.