Housing Custodial Assistant
Under the supervision of the Custodial Supervisor, performs a variety of cleaning techniques in a residential environment in order to maintain student housing areas clean, orderly and safe.
Performs work in accordance with Institute safety standards and regulatory agencies (e.g. OSHA)
There are currently 3 open positions. These positions are temporary full-time with excellent benefits.
In coordination and cooperation with other trades, performs various cleaning support duties that include but are not limited to the following:
Cleans and vacuum student rooms, sweeps and mops floors and stairwells, dining rooms, lounges and courtyards.
Cleans and disinfects restrooms, showers, kitchens, drinking fountains, telephones and replenishes supplies.
Dusts, washes walls and polishes furniture and horizontal surfaces.
Empties waste baskets and moves trash containers by hand or cart to disposal areas.
Reports problems and damages encountered through the course of work to supervisors.
Performs all other assigned duties.
- A minimum of one-year experience working in the custodial field (industrial, commercial or residential).
- Must be able to climb ladders up to 10 feet high as needed to perform regular custodial duties.
- The candidate must be able to walk and/or stand for long periods of time, push, pull, and stoop and bend to accomplish job duties throughout the day on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs of cleaning supplies, trash, ladders, tables, vacuum cleaners and other custodial equipment on a daily basis.
- Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, when required. Hours are 7:00am – 3:30pm.
- 4 years or more of professional Custodial experience in an educational setting and/or in a commercial environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of campus and building locations is preferred.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants