RAO Proposal Development and Limited Submission and Coordinator
6 days left
- Full Time
This position combines support for complex proposal development, limited submissions and coordination of specified interdisciplinary activities. This position will support the Research Acceleration Office (RAO) Director with complex proposal development efforts to provide guidance, expertise and project management skills to assist the CSU research community.The person in this position will also support all areas of the Limited Submission program at CSU. These areas include identification, organization, monitoring and communicating activity for the CSU research community. Assistance will also be expected in the coordination of new interdisciplinary research initiatives. This position will report to the RAO Director.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of experience in proposal writing, research administration, research development, business development, project management, or a closely related field;
- Proven presentation and writing skills and expertise in material development
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Advanced degree
- 5 years of directly related experience in research administration, proposal development, research development, project management or closely related field
- Professional experience in an academic environment
- Professional experience in proposal development within a corporate setting
- Experience showing progressive increases in responsibility, and the ability to develop and complete projects with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail and capacity to manage multiple deadlines and priorities in a complex environment;
- Hands-on experience with data analytics, including use of related software/tools.
- An appreciation of, experience working with, and coordination of inter/multi/trans-disciplinary team;
- Demonstrated experience in managing the development of successful grants; experience in reading and interpreting funding opportunity announcements; familiarity with various sponsoring agency and electronic research administration systems;
- Understanding of grant proposal strategy and experience structuring projects to increase competitiveness; and
- Excellent interpersonal, computer, and organizational skills.
Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Job Duty Category
Proposal Development Duties
- Provide highly developed knowledge and expertise on proposal development support for complex proposals, including but not limited to: assisting in the development of proposal budgets; creating, editing, and managing proposal documents; preparing various sponsor application forms and packages; coordination of sub-recipient communications, budgets, and required documentation; coordination of cost sharing requests and budgeting; coordination of all local approvals; organizing and managing pink/red team evaluations and assessments, and providing other useful feedback and guidance on proposal competitiveness;
- Provide project management to complex proposal development efforts, including but not limited to: organizing proposal team meetings; creating and managing virtual shared workspaces; developing and adhering to a proposal development schedules; and monitoring proposal development performance;
- Serve as a liaison between investigators, administrators, agency officials, and with other CSU research staff;
- Develop a working knowledge of Colorado State University’s research expertise and capabilities in order to identify and facilitate connections for collaboration and partnership;
- Coordinate interactions and/or collaborations with external partners and/or potential sponsors (local, state, and federal government agencies, academic enterprises, non-profit organizations, private foundations, and corporations);
- Provide training and guidance to university researchers regarding proposal development; and
- Monitoring and tracking of proposal development metrics.
Percentage Of Time
Job Duty Category
Limited Submission Related Duties
- Research, identify, assess, and catalog limited submission funding opportunities from a range of funding sources, including federal, state, and private foundation funders;
- Disseminate information on limited submission funding opportunities and procedures to Colorado State University’s research community;
- Organize and coordinate internal limited submission processes, including announcement of opportunities, organization of internal competitions, and organization and coordination of review and selection processes;
- Coordinate with funding agency for clarification on limited submission opportunities, as necessary;
- Monitor, track, and archive limited submission-associated activity and metrics, including proposal submissions and award information; and
- Develop communications and deliver training related to limited submission procedures, funding opportunities, and program metrics and outcomes.
Percentage Of Time
Job Duty Category
Other Research Acceleration Duties
- Assist in the coordination of new interdisciplinary research initiatives by establishing, convening, and facilitating working groups to respond to funding opportunities and in anticipation of emerging areas of investment
- Provide support and assistance to the Complex Proposal Development Manager as needed from time to time to manage the functions of the office.
Percentage Of Time
Special Instructions to Applicants
References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
Conditions of Employment
Patsy Harlan, email@example.com
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.