Sessional Academic Teachers, Coaching Supervisors and Coaching Mentors
On-campus: Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, and online
Navitas was founded in 1994 with the goal of helping more international students succeed at university in Australia via improved student support and an extended academic year. Since then, Navitas has significantly expanded the services it offers students and clients and is creating opportunities through lifelong learning for more than 80,000 people in 27 countries every year.
Navitas listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in 2004 and is now an S&P/ASX Top 100 Company, employing more than 5,500 staff globally. Navitas operates across three Divisions.
The Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP) is a Higher Education Institution and Registered Training Organisation within Navitas Professional and English Programs (PEP) Division that provides accredited higher degree courses in counselling, psychotherapy, psychology, social science, coaching and social work, and has been in operation for 30 years. We are proud of our students and graduates and excited about the future. Our campuses are located in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Introduction to the role
The School of Counselling is looking for Academic Teachers to teach Coaching units within the Bachelor of Counselling (Coaching); Coaching Supervisors to supervise coaching students in small groups; and Coaching Mentors to provide mentoring to students on a one-to-one basis.
Academic Teachers, Coaching Supervisors and Coaching Mentors are engaged on a sessional, term by term basis by the School of Counselling. Classes are delivered on-campus, online and synchronous online. Academic Teachers and Coaching Supervisors provide a high level of interaction and involvement with the students in small classes. The School provides texts, course readings, curriculum and support, and mentoring of teaching practice.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Masters or higher qualification in a relevant discipline
- Relevant professional experience
- Eligibility for professional membership with the International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Credentials with the ICF e.g. an ACC or PCC credential (or be willing to obtain these credentials)
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in higher education with evidence of positive evaluations, OR
- Minimum two years’ experience in supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to the development of an effective learning culture
- A willingness to participate in the School of Counselling’s Professional Development activities
- Valid Working with Children Check
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Synchronous teaching and facilitation experience using BlackBoard Collaborate, Zoom or similar web conferencing software
What we offer
Navitas Group offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within Australia and abroad, and is values driven and an equal opportunity employer. Only people who are eligible to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Applications, which will need to include a resume, evidence of positive teaching evaluations and a letter addressing the selection criteria, can be directed to:
Dr Despina Sfakinos, Discipline Head of Coaching, by email to Despina.Sfakinos@acap.edu.au
Applications close on 9 December at 5PM AEST.