Lecturer in Diabetes Education and Management
Vacancy ID: 16077
Job Location: Gold Coast
Work type: Part-time (80%), continuing (ie. full-time, part-time etc)
Salary range: 70,571 - $83,654
The University’s School of Health and Human Sciences is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Diabetes Education and Management (Teaching Scholar). The Lecturer in Diabetes Education and Management (Teaching Scholar) will provide education leadership in their field as well as contributing to the evolving postgraduate portfolio.
The School of Health and Human Sciences provides an exciting and innovative learning environment and works with individuals, families and communities in order to meet their health needs and requirements. The School is distinctive for its multidisciplinary understanding of client care, commitment to the prevention of disease and promotion of healthy lifestyles. The School offers fields of study across a broad range of health-related professions including biomedical science, clinical exercise physiology, diabetes education and management, midwifery, nursing, occupational therapy, osteopathy, pedorthics, podiatry, psychology, speech pathology, and sport and exercise science.
The School is based across three campuses and supports degrees at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as postgraduate research degrees. An evidence-based approach to education is promoted across the curricula.
The successful applicant will have expertise in teaching, administration, and scholarly activity. The position will play a central role in the delivery of the Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education and Management.
The position will be located the University’s Gold Coast Campus, however the successful applicant may be required to travel between all University campuses, within Australia and Internationally in order to undertake their duties. Fractional and/or job sharing will be considered as appointment options.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Masters qualification in a field relevant to Diabetes Education and Management and progression towards completion of a doctoral program
- Evidence of current credentialing with Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA).
- Extensive experience and demonstrated effectiveness in teaching diabetes education and management within a university setting.
- Experience in the development of flexible and/or blended delivery of programs within a university setting that incorporate information and communications technologies to enhance teaching and learning.
- A track record in scholarship as evidenced by publication output.
- High levels interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead and work within a team, and to communicate effectively with a wide range of people including multiple health disciplinary areas.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and a working knowledge of equity and workplace health and safety principles in the workplace.
Closing date: Thursday, 01 December 2016 at 9:00am (AEDT)
To view the full position advertisement and details of the application process please click on the APPLY NOW button below where you will be redirected to the Southern Cross University website. The Vacancy ID is 16077.
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Gold Coast
- Permanent Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Gold Coast
- Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Gold Coast
- Permanent Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Gold Coast