Student Recruitment Officer
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefit
- Enhance the university's profile as the Technology, Engineering and Mathematics educator of choice
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS) is one of the five faculties at the University of Adelaide. ECMS comprises seven schools and two Research Centres and is responsible for servicing the needs of over 5000 students and has an annual budget of approximately $140 million. ECMS is responsible for teaching a wide range of under and post graduate programs, as well as conducting research in all disciplines. ECMS has recently embarked on an ambitious transformation program with the aim of creating an innovative agile Faculty that is recognized for leadership in education, research and global engagement.
The Marketing, Engagement and Recruitment team will develop, implement and manage a range of Marketing, Engagement and Recruitment platforms fed by market intelligence to expand the reach, influence and impact of our education and research offerings in the local and global community. We aim to be regarded as the education and research institute of choice, with our graduates and staff known for their quality attributes and expertise which is sought after by Industry and government.
Working under general direction, the Student Recruitment Officer supports the day-to-day delivery of student recruitment strategies and programs to attract domestic and international students to ECMS undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. This role ensures participation in Shared Services and local programs and events, with the overall goal to build The University of Adelaide's profile in the community as the Technology, Engineering and Mathematics educator of choice.
Salary: (HEO6) $73,122.00 - $79,173.00 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with well-developed interpersonal skills to build key relationships, achieve required outcomes and promote a positive team culture.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to provide high level advice and maintain key relationships, with a focus on the ability to give public presentations to prospective students in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple tasks, implementing plans to achieve defined outcomes, and solving problems in an innovative and creative manner.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs, initiatives and activities, including quality improvement and best practice customer service culture.
- Demonstrated experience in developing key selling messages and implementing recruitment / sales plans to effectively showcase a product or service.
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Louise O'Reilly, Marketing Engagement and Recruitment Manager, telephone: 08 8313 6476 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a copy of the Position Description, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Closing date: Wednesday 16th November, 2016 at 11.55pm
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.