Senior Lecturer – Software Engineering
School of Electrical and Information Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies
Reference no. 1741/1016
- Join a supportive network of internationally renowned academics
- Teaching and research position - Opportunity to enhance and develop your academic profile
- Full time, fixed term for 2 years (remuneration package: $143K-$165K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super)
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. We employ over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies at the University of Sydney is consistently ranked in the top 50 engineering and technology universities in the world. The School of Electrical and Information Engineering (EIE) has a strong and proud tradition in contributing to world class research and teaching in the fields of electrical and information engineering throughout its long history.
Established in 1883, School counts some of the most eminent Australian industry leaders and engineering professionals amongst its Alumni. The School’s research tradition is built upon strong disciplines supported by faculties and schools, cross-disciplinary initiatives, and commitments to rigour and depth in research and research training. EIE has a reputation for the quality of its graduates, innovation in its undergraduate curriculum and for the strength of its research and postgraduate teaching programs. Major research outcomes have been achieved in the fields of software, bio-electronics, computer, photonics, power and telecommunication engineering.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer with a strong track record of research and teaching in Electrical Engineering with specialized focus on Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Digital Systems or a closely related discipline.
To be successful you will have:
- a PhD in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- demonstrated track record in Software Engineering including research publications in high impact journals (including T-PAMI) and top conferences (including CVPR, ICCV, ECCV and ICML)
- a Track record of teaching excellence and a strong commitment to teaching and learning.
- demonstrated capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- a track record of obtaining competitive research funding as principle investigator
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 2 December 2016 (11.30am Sydney time)
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.