Director of Program Impact & Innovation
- Continuing, full-time
- $110,751 to $127,534 pa (Level C)
- Plus 17% employer superannuation. Salary packaging options are available.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Applicants must have ongoing full time work rights
The University of New England in Armidale, Australia is a unique university, in the enviable position of boasting an excellent international reputation as well as being a leader in research and academic innovation. We aim to foster a constructive and engaged culture where
creative ideas thrive.
The School of Education offers a positive and dynamic environment where Staff and Students enjoy a friendly, collegial and socially inclusive working environment. The School has a focus on early childhood, primary and secondary teacher education and is currently seeking an
exceptional manager, innovator and creative educator for the role of Director of Program Impact & Innovation.
About the role
The Director of Program Impact & Innovation will be responsible for ensuring that the initial teacher education courses taught by UNE Education meet the requirements/standards of the Australian Institute for Teaching & School Leadership (AITSL) and the NSW Board of Studies, Teaching & Educational Standards (BOSTES). These requirements include data collection, analysis and reporting related to demonstrating the quality and impact of our units and courses, both during and post initial teacher education.
Other requirements involve planning, implementing and monitoring innovative ways for our teacher education students to demonstrate that they meet academic and non-academic expectations and 'classroom readiness'. The Director will develop close links with the UNE Office of Professional Learning, Chair of Teaching & Learning, academic staff and school-based educators to ensure that our courses are of the highest quality and standard.
Skills & Experience
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant field of study.
- Extensive experience in an educational setting relevant to this position.
- Demonstrated research expertise in both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Demonstrated collaboration with members of the education profession.
- Knowledge of key policies and practices in teacher education, including current trends,
- challenges and reforms.
- Demonstrated success in tertiary teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels,
- including the coordination and development of units and courses.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current theory and practice in online education and
- successful experience in use of ICT applications in the online environment.
- Demonstrated experience in school or tertiary administration.
To discuss this role please contact Professor Steve Tobias: phone 02 6773 2573 or email firstname.lastname@example.org To find out more about the School, visit: http://www.une.edu.au/about-une/academic-schools/school-of-education.
Living in Armidale you will experience the best of both city and rural living. Enjoy a healthy and active lifestyle with access to shopping, gourmet food, top sporting facilities and cultural delights all for a fraction of the price you'd expect to pay in a major city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquillity of the New England on a rural property.
To find out more, visit:www.armidaleregion.com.au/ and www.experiencethehighs.com.au/.
Closing Date: 6 January 2017
Reference No: 216149
To demonstrate your suitability for this role, please respond to the selection criteria contained in the position information document.
Equity principles underpin all UNE policies and procedures. As a University committed to engaging a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to