Professor/Associate Professor in Engineering Management
School of Systems, Management and Leadership
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The School of Systems, Management and Leadership is seeking to make appointments at Professor/Associate Professor in Engineering Management.
UTS has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, including a focus on increasing gender equity in STEMM through our participation in the Australian pilot of the Athena Swan program and initiatives such as our Research Equity Initiative and we very much welcome applications from women for these roles.
The School of Systems, Management and Leadership focuses on the development of skills and methods to use technology to build systems that deliver value to enterprises.
The focus of the School’s teaching and research is on the innovative application of technology to improve the way enterprises work. It aims to develop the design skills, leadership and processes needed to implement, manage and develop information systems and engineering systems economically and effectively.
The Professor/Associate Professor in Engineering Management has a key role in leading research and teaching in the field of project management, operations and supply chain management, risk and engineering systems management.
Main responsibilities are to:
- Provide strong research leadership leading to high quality outputs
- Lead course and subject development
- Mentor junior academics to elevate their research and teaching capabilities
- Foster the PhD programs within the engineering management discipline
- Play an active and leading role in the discipline’s industry engagement
- Collaborate with researchers across the discipline, School and wider academic community
- Play an active role in the leadership, strategic direction and decision making in the discipline
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Substantial knowledge of contemporary issues in engineering management
- Experience in scholarly research and demonstrated capacity gain research grants and an ability to forge links with industry and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to mentor young academics and research and a proven track record in collaboration
- Expertise in one or more of the following: project management, operations and supply chain management, risk and engineering systems management.
Remuneration & Benefits
Associate Professor (Level D): $146,412 - $155,915
Professor (level E): $179,363
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing full-time basis.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply button to be taken to the advertisement on our careers page where you will find links with instructions on how to apply and the full position description.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 5th December 2016 at 11.59pm (AEST)
Please note: Interviews will be held in early 2017.
UTS is widely acknowledged as a leader in promoting gender equity and social justice. Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, UTS is a current participant in the SAGE pilot program, the Australian trial of the Athena Swan gender equity accreditation program. We welcome applications from women, particularly for senior and non-traditional roles.