Student Housing Custodial Supervisor
4 days left
- Full Time
Under the general direction of the Director of Buildings and Grounds, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of student residential buildings to ensure cleanliness, develop work assignments, and inspect completed work for quality control.
Determines appropriate staffing levels, monitors cleaning standard levels, and recommends procedure changes.
Works closely with the Student Housing Department to coordinate and execute student room cleaning during check-in and check-out process.
Communicates with students, faculty and staff and responds to emergencies during non-duty hours.
This is a regular full-time position with a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
Supervises daily work, inspects all assigned areas to ensure work is performed properly, establish priorities, prepares and submits work schedules and certifies bi-weekly payroll.
Manages performance of custodial personnel, including periodic performance evaluations, awards, and disciplinary actions.
Designates shift and area work assignments, conducts training, and implements new procedures and policies.
Maintains records, prepares correspondence and reports, submits purchase requisitions for supplies, and controls supply inventory distribution.
Inspects cleaning processes, prepares and submits inspection reports, implements quality controls, and maintains performance measures.
Manages and develops customer relations, interacts frequently with students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Works during check-out and check-in weekends to ensure work-flow and room cleaning is accomplished in a timely manner.
Coordinates assigned cleaning projects, receives equipment and supplies, and operates all cleaning equipment.
Works with other campus departments to coordinate and implement projects that include custodial maintenance elements.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience (Minimum equivalent equals to a High School Diploma/GED certificate, plus 4 years of experience).
• Must have three (3) years of supervisory experience.
• Plus three (3) years of progressively responsible custodial work experience, preferably in a hospitality, healthcare, or residential facility.
• Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to plan and organize work flow
Ability to operate floor cleaning equipment.
• Knowledge of cleaning methods and materials.
• Must have computer experience and knowledge of computer programs (word/excel).
• Must have Customer service skills experience.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, pull, kneel and climb ladders.
• Must have a valid driver’s license at the time of employment and be able to maintain it throughout the course of employment.
• Ability to frequently lift up to 75 lbs. of tools, equipment and supplies.
• Minumum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
• 5 years or more of progressively responsible custodial work experience, preferably in a hospitality, healthcare, or residential facility is a plus.
• Eight (8) years of supervisory experience is a plus.
• Expert knowledge if computer programs (word/excel) is a plus.
• 8 years or more of Customer service experience.
Supervisory position? Yes
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 09/01/2016
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.