1 day left
- Full Time
Tracking Code 8580/K0916
Reporting to the Director of the Office of Proposal Development, this position will facilitate BUSM faculty grant funding by providing technical assistance and skilled writing and editing support for external grant and contracts proposals.
Some evening and weekend work may be required depending on needs of project.
Occasional travel to VA Jamaica Plain Campus may be needed to meet with BU faculty/investigators there to plan grant submissions.
Depending on project, duties include:
- Reviewing and interpreting detailed sponsor proposal guidelines and regulations.
- Assessing proposal requirements and planning proposal writing and development tasks with PI.
- Organizing research and other preparatory materials.
- Proofreading and copy editing proposals from BU investigators. Writing readable (based on communication principles), clear and concise proposals.
- Particularly supporting early career PIs and those for whom English is a second language in developing strong proposals.
- Collaborating with PIs to formulate, write, and edit scientific and administrative components of grant proposals.
- Editing and standardizing administrative components of applications to communicate the high capacity of researchers and BUSM to conduct innovative and productive research.
- Supporting grant preparation workshops facilitated by the Office of Proposal Development, the Department of Medicine, and the BEST Program
3-5 years of experience and a Master/s degree required, Doctorate preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years experience in an academic setting, with preference for basic science research expertise.
Well-established track record of contributing to the writing, preparation, and successful competition for external funding opportunities, as well as outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Solid knowledge of the principles of basic science research and ability to grasp complex scientific processes.
Strong understanding of grant/contract regulations and standard proposal requirements required.
Organized, detail oriented and able to multitask and work independently.
Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
Aptitude for team building and working as a productive member of the Office of Proposal Development team.
Trustworthy to handle sensitive grant related documents and keep information confidential.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular