Lecturer in Professional Practice Coordinator
- 2 year appointment (part-time, 0.5FTE)
- Salary range: Level B $96,210 - $114,250 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
Education has been a keystone of The University of Western Australia for 100 years. Today, the Graduate School of Education maintains a tradition of excellence while taking on the challenges of developing educational practices for both global and local needs. The School attracts the highest quality academic, research and professional staff who work collaboratively with talented educators to positively impact on the lives of young people.
The successful applicant will provide academic teaching, unit development and coordination, primarily within the fields of Early Childhood and Primary Education and Professional Practice and Partnerships. This position is teaching intensive.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Masters or PhD in Education.
- Early Childhood Education and Primary teaching qualification, with substantial classroom experience.
- Ability and a proven record of commitment to high quality postgraduate level teaching in a tertiary environment, especially in relation to Early Childhood and Primary education.
- Ability to develop curriculum with appropriate learning outcomes and evaluation.
- Ability to manage professional practice placements and provide direction and leadership to a small team.
- Ability to work professional and collaboratively and to build and maintain strong relationships with public, Catholic and independent schools, and professional and government bodies, especially in the Early Childhood and Primary education field.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Wednesday 30 November 2016
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.