Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Mathematics
3 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Mathematics and Statistics is a major centre of research and teaching in the mathematical sciences. The School has notable strengths in fundamental research right through to cutting edge applications. It is seeking appointments at a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level for candidates whose teaching and research interests align with one or more of its existing teaching and research programs (http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au).
About the role
- A$98K – A$137K per year (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- 3x tenure track positions (5 years) with one position being in the area of Statistics
- Full-time positions
Applicants should have
- PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant mathematical science
- Demonstrated research ability in Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, or Statistics, which align with the research strengths in the School
- Evidence of effective teaching experience
- Strong publication record in top, peer-reviewed journals
- A capacity to continue productive research at the international level
- A record of, or demonstrated potential for, success in external research funding
- Strong commitment to independent research and research leadership
Additional criteria apply for the Senior Lecturer (Level C) position, please refer to the selection criteria in the position description.
Applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to these roles. Applications should be made on-line and should systematically address the selection criteria in their applications. Women and people from EEO groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Having read the documentation, you may direct any enquiries to:
Professor Bruce Henry
Applications close 13 January 2017 (AEST)
For full details of this position and application procedure, go to http://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/