Casual Staff, Academic
Please note: This is the self-registration portal only for applicants that have already secured a casual appointment with the University. This is not a monitored casual pool or register of interest for casual employment at the University.
Even if you are currently working at the University, if you are about to commence a new casual position with us, you will need to go through this self-registration process.
Congratulations on your appointment to your new role!
For those of you that are new to the University of Tasmania, welcome. We sincerely hope you enjoy your work here and we are delighted that you have joined us.
If you’re currently working at the University, or you’ve worked with us in the past, it’s great to have you with us.
In order for you to get onto our MyHR, IT and Payroll systems and all set up and ready to start your new role, there are a few things we need to let you know:
- Please click ‘apply’ at the bottom of this page and complete the following application pages.
- Once you have completed your application, please let your contact person at the University know - there are some activities they will need to undertake in order for your appointment to be finalised and your details to be created or updated in our systems.
- In submitting your information, be aware that the basic personal information that you submit will be available to other users of the recruitment system. This will be select staff within University. In continuing through and submitting your information, you consent to your basic personal information being available to other recruitment system users.If you would prefer not to proceed with an online application, a paper based form is available from your University contact or Human Resources.
- You will be sent an email from the University prior to commencing your role and this will confirm all the specific details of you appointment. It will also detail a few extra tasks you’ll need to do to finalise your appointment like entering or confirming your bank and emergency contact details.
- Please be aware that as a casual employee, you are not entitled to take part in part in voting for the University Enterprise Agreement.
Again, welcome aboard and should you have any queries of any kind, please don't hesitate to contact your relevant Human Resources Team.