Professor of Work and Organisational Psychology
Professor of Work and Organisational Psychology
School of Education and Communication
Jönköping University, Sweden, hosts about 10 000 students of whom 1 500 are international students from all corners of the World. The University is one of the leading Swedish institutions in terms of international student exchange and is also one of the best in attracting students from outside of the European Union. Our vision for the future is to build a truly international university attracting well qualified, innovative and entrepreneurial individuals from all over the World. For an exhaustive description of the University, its vision and academic structure as well as its research, please consult our webpage (https://ju.se/en).
The School of Education and Communication (HLK) is at this time searching for a Professor of Work and Organisational Psychology. The professor will be mainly associated with our first-degree HR Programme: a three-year, first-degree, training programme preparing students for developing people in and for the future and global job market. The HR Programme is a co-operative venture between the School of Education and Communication and the Jönköping International Business School. The programme has an international scope.
We are searching for someone who is able to contribute to a creative work environment and at the same time develop our research, teaching and application of work- and organizational psychology. We believe that you like working closely together with colleagues and management, have a talent for creating and maintaining international research networks, and also have an aptitude for leading and organising research teams and projects.
We value your background and experience and are able to offer you interesting and varied work in close co-operation with other colleagues and students.
As professor you will have the following responsibilities:
- Pursue your own research within work and organisational psychology and strengthen international networks in this field benefitting both yourself and the university. You are also expected to actively seek and apply for research funding external to the university.
- Teach our HR students as well as involve yourself in our non-programme electives within the field as well as supervise student first-degree dissertations and research projects.
- Act as head of work- and organisational psychology being responsible for developing the discipline in co-operation with other colleagues
- Lead the development of an international two-year HR Master’s Programme (English speaking)
- We expect you to have a doctoral degree in psychology as well as at least five years’ experience of teaching in a relevant field in higher education.
- Your scientific prowess has been proven by independent research, by publication and through documented ability in attracting research funding.
- You will have substantial experience in organising and leading research and research projects.
It is a merit if you have previous experience of teaching at a university outside of Sweden and Scandinavia. It is also a merit to have organised and been in charge of international research projects.
At Swedish universities co-operation with the surrounding society (with media, the public, companies and organisations) is considered important in addition to research and teaching. This, too, therefore, lends weight to an application. When accounted for in your application such co-operation should be well documented and constitute a part of your CV.
This is a permanent, full-time position. All employments normally start with a six-month probationary employment. Conditions for work and employment are legally regulated in the university’s collective agreement
The earliest possible date for commencement is 1 March 2017-03-01 or as agreed.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter with brief information about the applicant
- A letter of intent
- CV plus a copy of the PhD diploma. Both should be verified as to their authenticity
- A brief description of your research and teaching experience
- An exhaustive list of publications
- Include also 10 published scientific articles or reports most relevant for the position
- Propose at least two different referees whom we may contact at our convenience
Closing date for this application is 30 November 2016
Type of employment: Permanent position
Contract type: Full time
First day of employment: 2017-03-01
Salary: Monthly salary
Number of positions: 1
Working hours: 100%
County: Jönköpings län
Reference number: 2016-3353.221
Contact :Håkan Sandgren, Department head, +4636101355, email@example.com
Union representative: Ingrid Bardon, Lärarförbundet, +4636-10 13 90, Britt-Marie Leivik-Knowles, SACO, +4636-10 14 53
Last application date: 30.Nov.2016 11:59 PM CET