Residential Life Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
UniLodge South Bank
UniLodge is the leading provider of student accommodation in Australia and New Zealand and is currently in an exciting growth cycle as demand for our services is escalating globally.
Our organisation is seeking to appoint an experienced Residential Life Manager to administer and further develop the Events and Pastoral Care offerings at our newest edition to the Brisbane portfolio - UniLodge South Bank, opening in January 2017.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role is responsible for facilitating the coordination of the residence as a community, with a particular emphasis on resident wellbeing, pastoral care, academic matters and events management.
The main responsibilities of this role include but will not be limited to:
- To provide leadership and support in the management and development of the Residential Life Program at the property
- Coordinate, plan, market, budget and implement a diverse and holistic calendar of events for residents while balancing core areas of support and resident interests
- To provide exceptional service to all residents, staff, university departments, visitors, organisations
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with University support services including the Dean of Students, Medical, Counselling & Disability Support Services to ensure the wellbeing of students
- Recruit, train and manage of a team of Residential Advisors
- Serve as the primary contact for residents in relation to all after-hours situations that might arise
We are interested in hearing from highly motivated individuals with a hunger for success, who have experience in the following areas:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity with a focus on leadership and wellbeing in a University/youth environment
- Evidence of tertiary studies that have provided the experience to fully understand the complexities of University life.
- Demonstrated experience in event management, including budgets, planning and implementation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to research and develop evidence based programs and policies
- Ability to provide evidence of a National Police Check and Working with Children’s check.
Due to the nature of the events and activities that this role is responsible for coordinating, the Residential Life Manager will be required to work after hours and some weekends.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, development opportunities and the opportunity to work for a company with a demonstrated track record in developing and mentoring their staff.
If you aspire to work for an organisation that is striving to live by the mantra “PEOPLE MATTER” then please send through a 1 page cover letter and your CV now!