Expressions of Interest for VE Teacher Justice Programs
- School of Global Urban and Social Sciences
- Positions for programs in 2017, CBD Location
- Hourly rate $65.02 - $67.57
RMIT is a global university of technology and design, focused on creating solutions that transform the future for the benefit of people and their environments. The University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in professional and practical education, applied and innovative research, and engagement with the needs of industry and the cities in which we are located.
The School of Global Urban and Social Sciences is recognised as a leading provider of vocational programs in the area of Justice from Certificate IV to Advanced Diploma level. The School's vision is to contribute to a just and sustainable world, and delivers education, training and research activity in four areas of focus:
1. Social work, youth work, community services and social policy
2. Sustainability and urban planning, including Housing
3. Global and international studies, languages, translating and interpreting
4. Criminal justice, legal and dispute studies and human rights
Sessional teaching positions are available working within a friendly team of professionals to deliver Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma programs.
Teach in a range of Vocational Justice programs to Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma students, including,
- Support the management of adult offenders within the Victorian correctional framework
- Implement work safety procedures and programs
- Uphold and support the values and principles of public sector
- Writing and communication skills in justice.
There may be an opportunity to also teach in other courses within the discipline.
We are seeking expressions of interest from people to teach a range of units in 2017. Preferably you will have an undergraduate qualification in the area of justice/law and/or extensive industry experience.
Experience of teaching in Vocational Education would also be desirable. A current Certificate IV in Teaching and Assessment (TAE40110) is essential.
Appointment to a casual teaching position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Please scroll down to "Apply"
Applications close 11pm on Monday 5 December, 2016.