Teacher Candidate Supervisor
The Special Education Program in the School of Education at Boston University is seeking a qualified part-time employee to supervise teacher candidates during the Spring 2017 semester.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in Special Education
- Experience mentoring teachers and/or teacher candidates
- Familiarity with MA Educator Evaluation Framework and/or Candidate Assessment of Performance (CAP)
- A license in Moderate Disabilities and/or Severe Disabilities
- Establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with supervising practitioners, teacher candidates, fieldwork coordinator and student teaching seminar leader.
- Conducting a minimum of 4 observations of teacher candidates and additional observations as needed.
- Providing written feedback to teacher candidates for each observation.
- Conducting a minimum of 3 formal meetings with teacher candidates and supervising practitioners.
- Communicating frequently with supervising practitioners on teacher candidates’ progress and developing action plan(s) with supervising practitioners and/or fieldwork coordinator to support teacher candidate in student teaching as needed.
- Participating in student teaching orientations and five on-campus seminars.
- Rating, in conjunction with supervising practitioners, teacher candidates using the Candidate Assessment of Performance (CAP)
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BU HR WEBSITE
Please submit a letter of interest, a resume and two letters of recommendation to
Dr. Rebekah Louis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States