The applicant will provide complex diffractive optics system for “Mid-IR compact spectrometer for biological applications”. They will work with PI, postdoc and graduate students who are knowledgeable in designing and fabricating passive and active components in IR spectrum. Hyperspectral detection enables the miniaturization of robust spectroscopic systems with no moving parts. We are going to build such a system for mid-IR spectroscopy to identify biomedical analyses. We will integrate our spectrometer with disposable micro-cuvettes to enable wireless minimally invasive medical testing.
- Modeling interaction of wave with complex geometries
- Developing a computer designs for complex diffractive optics
- Collaboration with PIs, postdocs and graduate students
- Fabricating aforementioned designs in laboratory
- Testing the designs with experimental setups
- Other job duties as assigned
- B.Sc. degree
- M.Sc. degree
- Knowledgeable in electrical engineering simulation software.
- Expert in Photonic Analysis and Design software (COMSOL, Lumerical, HFSS, CST Studio) and Mathematics (Matlab)
- Expert in modeling and characterizing the interaction of light with matter.
- Familiar with fabrication processes of lens structures
- Needs experience in microwave field modeling of three-dimensional systems and needs to be familiar with mid-IR diffractive lens designing
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants