Senior Research Development Officer
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Exciting research development opportunity
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS) is one of the five faculties at the University of Adelaide. ECMS comprises seven schools and two Research Centres and is responsible for servicing the needs of over 5000 students and has an annual budget of approximately $140 million. ECMS is responsible for teaching a wide range of under and post graduate programs, as well as conducting research in all disciplines. ECMS has recently embarked on an ambitious transformation program with the aim of creating an innovative agile Faculty that is recognized for leadership in education, research and global engagement.
The Research Development Team provides a comprehensive support service to enable high quality research to be undertaken, fostering a collaborative research culture across the Faculty, supporting research education and capacity building and developing strategic links with key industry and Government stakeholders. The team aims to support ECMS researchers to increase the volume, impact and quality of their research, increase the relevance and profile of ECMS in addressing key community challenges, and agility of ECMS Faculty to respond to new opportunities.
Working under limited direction in a changing and complex environment, the Senior Research Development Officer plans, manages and monitors the delivery of high quality research grant support and services. The position manages and undertakes pre-award grant checking and validation services, interprets and provides high quality advice to researchers on complex award conditions, supports researchers in the achievement of research compliance and reporting and establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with external sponsors to facilitate research grant negotiations. The Senior Research Development Officer also provides strategic advice and logistical support to research committees, supports development of professional development programs relating to grants and the establishment of new contract research bids, grants and tenders for the Faculty.
Salary: (HEO7) $80,684.00 - $90,516.00 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Detailed knowledge of the University sector, funding of research and of related structures and processes in a research-oriented field.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and managing client centric research grant programs in a complex research focused environment including working collaboratively with researchers and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience delivering high quality research grant administration support and services, including interpreting contracts and agreements and reviewing research related project budgets.
- Demonstrated experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver client centric results.
- A tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria / 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Lisa Mensforth, Research Development Manager, telephone: 8313 9281 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a copy of the Position Description/Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/listing/
Closing date: Sunday 20th November 2016 at 11.55pm
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.