JOB ID: 160606
SALARY RANGE: $90,779 - $107,553 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term for 3 years
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Centre Manager will assist the Centre Director to manage the operations of the ARC Training Centre and provide a bridge between the Centre research projects and the Chief Investigators and Partner Investigators. The position will play a key role in ensuring the Centre meets its key performance indicators as expected by the ARC and industry partners.
This will include:
- Prepare all reporting and documentation for the Centre, including milestone reports, key performance indicators, annual reports, website content and reports to external bodies.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Centre.
- Work with Deakin Research Commercial to manage IP generated by Centre researchers and identify new business opportunities that will drive development and long-term growth.
- Manage and strengthen relationships with industry partners through planning meetings, organising and leading negotiations with stakeholders, such as regular meetings of the Centre advisory committee.
- A relevant doctoral qualification or equivalent qualification with subsequent research experience in mechanical, metallurgy or materials engineering.
- Current or recent (within last five years) practitioner in materials science research with a practical and/or theoretical background in one or more of; mechanical, metallurgy or materials engineering.
- Demonstrated strong record of publications, conference papers, reports and/or professional and/or technical contributions in materials science.
- Demonstrated evidence of high quality publications in conferences and peer reviewed journals.
- Experience with project management.
- Familiarity with a project management database such as Centric or similar.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Matthew Barnett, Tel: +61 3 5227 2797, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 30 November, 2016
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: http://www.deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.