Senior Lecturer in Plant Ecology
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
La Trobe University has an outstanding reputation for research in Biological Sciences and most recently received the highest possible ERA rating of 5, in both Biological Sciences and Agricultural and Veterinary Studies.
About the role
As a Teaching and Research Academic you will be expected to develop curriculum, teach and undertake research and/or other scholarly work relevant to the development of this discipline. You will utilise innovative molecular or modelling techniques to address research questions in a range of fields, including but not limited to community ecology, landscape ecology, or conservation biology to compliment the Department's existing strengths in ecology and ecological genetics.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD in an appropriate discipline with evidence of research experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program level.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise students.
- Strong record of research publications of quality and impact.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in securing significant external research funding.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday, 7 December 2016 by 11.00pm AEDT.
Position Enquiries: Dr Peter Green, Head of Department of Ecology, Environment and Evolution,
+61 (03) 9479 3675 or .
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
More searches like this
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Agriculture, Food & Forestry Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Bundoora
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Bundoora
- £50,001 - £60,000 Permanent Life sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Bundoora