Postdoctoral Research Fellow - IDEAL
Menzies Institute for Medical Research at the University of Tasmania is one of Australia's leading health and medical research institutes and is recognised worldwide for its research excellence.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will undertake research with a team of investigators operating within the Cardio-metabolic Health & Diseases theme. There will be particular emphasis on the improved cardiovascular disease health service delivery (IDEAL) study.
In the role you will:
- Preparation of scientific publication, reviews, technical chapters, and present conference/seminar papers related to that research
- Secure research income through submission of grant applications to internal and external funding bodies.
- Support the uptake of research findings into clinical and public health policy as relevant through engagement with relevant professional and community stakeholders.
- Co-supervision and mentoring of honours and research by junior research staff and students.
You will be employed on a full-time, fixed-time basis for 2 years.
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion, or near completion, of a doctoral qualification in a field relevant to the research undertaken by the Supervisor, or other relevant field.
- A relevant publication record appropriate to this position and the ability to achieve a publication record that satisfies the performance expectations for this level as outlined in Opening UTAS to Talent: the UTAS Academic.
- Proven experience in research design, implementation, and data analysis with evidence of a high level of performance in these areas.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with a range of people and organisations.
- Sound organisational skills with a demonstrated capacity to act with initiative, both independently and as part of a team.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level A and will have a total remuneration package of up to $101,329 comprising base salary within the range of $64,826 to $86,606 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Associate Professor James Sharman, Principal Research Fellow,
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria together in the one document. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Wednesday, 16 November 2016.