Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Video, Film, Installation and Performance
The Department of Visual and Environmental Studies at Harvard University seeks to appoint a tenure-track assistant professor of art practice specializing in video/film and its intersections with installation and/or performance. Appointment is expected to begin July 1, 2017. Teaching duties will include three to four studio courses a year. The ability to teach multiple aspects of video art, installation, and performance is strongly preferred. Candidates will be expected to participate fully in curricular developments and all aspects of the life of an art department within a liberal arts institution. Candidates must have a substantial record of accomplishment in the field, as demonstrated by museum/gallery exhibitions or presentations in other venues as relevant to the candidate’s practice. An MFA or the equivalent completed by the beginning of the appointment with teaching experience at the college or university level is required.
An MFA or the equivalent completed by the beginning of the appointment with teaching experience at the college or university level is required.
Applicants for the position should submit the following materials through the ARIeS portal (http://academicpositions.harvard.edu). Candidates are encouraged to apply by November 4, 2016 but applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Teaching Statement
4. Artist’s Statement (upload under “Statement of Research”)
5. The names and contact information for 3-5 referees who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidate’s application has been submitted. The application is considered complete only when at least three letters have been received.
6. Three course syllabi of the candidate’s design, with samples of student work when possible
7. PDF with images of 10-12 representative artworks with titles, dates, materials, and other explanatory information as needed, and a link to a website (vimeo preferred) where samples of the applicant’s moving-image work and/or performance documentation may be viewed (no more than 15 min. total) (upload as one PDF under “Other”)
8. Other appropriate support materials, including exhibition catalogues (upload under “Publications”)
Professor and Chair of Search Committee
Visual and Environmental Studies
24 Quincy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Contact Email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.