Research Fellow/senior Research Fellow: Nossal Institute for Global Health
Nossal Institute for Global Health
Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Salary: $95,434 - $113,323 p.a. or $116,901 - $134,792 p.a. (pro rata where applicable) plus 17% superannuation. Level of appointment will be commensurate with the qualifications and relevant experience of the successful appointee.
The Nossal Institute is looking to recruit up to 3 academics with expertise in health systems development in the Asia Pacific region. We are looking for candidates who will fit into the Governance and Financing; Maternal, Sexual and Reproductive Health; and Disability Inclusive Health and Development Units but are also willing to consider candidates with expertise in different areas contributing to health system development.
The successful candidate for the Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow position will:
· Enhance Nossal Institute's research profile by attracting research grant income and publishing widely and in respected journals
· Bring existing networks and build new partnerships in the Asia Pacific region and further afield
· Contribute to technical assistance and consultancy work with the aim of enhancing health systems development in the region, supporting the work of the Nossal Institute by contributing financially, building networks, and supporting research agendas.
Those interested in part-time appointments will be considered on an equal basis.
The level of appointment offered will be commensurate with track record in relation to research career, publication quality and other relevant academic markers of achievement such as awards for teaching.
We are making a global search for suitable candidates to bring the most promising academics in this area to Melbourne.
We also have the following positions available:
· Head of Education and Learning Unit (Level B/C – equivalent to Assistant/Associate Professor in most North American Universities)
· Associate Professor: Nossal Institute for Global Health (Level D - equivalent to Professor in most North American Universities and to Reader in the UK)
Interviews will be at the end of January 2017.
Close date: 15 Jan 2017
(*includes Selection Criteria or Core Accountabilities and Competencies)