Dean - Faculty of Education
Dean - Faculty of Education
Stellenbosch University is inclusive, innovative, and future focused: a place of discovery and excellence where both staff and students are thought leaders in advancing knowledge in the service of all stakeholders.
Stellenbosch University’s strategic positioning for the 21st century, as articulated in the Institutional Intent and Strategy (see: http://www.sun.ac.za/english/about-us/strategic-documents), is anchored in creating, promoting and sustaining an environment of inclusion, transformation, innovation, diversity, and maintaining excellence with a focus on the future.
The Faculty of Education requires innovative and creative leadership in its teaching programmes, research and community interaction, and has committed itself to excellence and equity.
Visit the Faculty’s website at http://academic.sun.ac.za/education/index.html for further information.
- Responsible for the strategic management as well as leadership and guidance of the Faculty of Education in the areas of teaching and learning, research and social impact
- Responsible for the financial management of the Faculty and the management of resources, including facilities
- Management of all student and staff matters
- Taking initiative for and management of marketing, student recruitment and fundraising initiatives within the Faculty
- External liaising and the establishment and maintenance of multilevel partnerships with, inter alia, other academic and educational institutions and role players (nationally and internationally), the teaching profession, business sector, sport bodies, authorities and professional bodies
- Promotion of diversity and transformation within the Faculty
- Shared responsibility for the management of the University as a whole.
For a full role description, contact the Human Resources Division at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointable as professor in one of the departments within the Faculty of Education (criteria available at http://www0.sun.ac.za/hr/docs/appointments/AP0045-Guidelines-For-Appointment-And-Promotion-Of-Lecturers.pdf)
- Proven innovative and dynamic strategic academic leadership
- Management ability at faculty and institutional level
- Sound knowledge, insight and vision pertaining to the tertiary education sector as a whole
- Sound interpersonal and liaison skills
- Sound communication skills.
- The ability to function effectively in an inclusive multilingual and multicultural environment.
Term of appointment: Five years with the possibility of re-appointment for another term.
Commencement of duties: 01 July 2017
Closing date: 9 December 2016
Enquiries: Mr Victor Mothobi, Senior Director: Human Resources, on 021 808 4043, or at email@example.com
Complete applications, comprising the documentation as set out below, must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Documentation details (please ensure that your application includes all of the documents listed): A concise statement in which candidates outline their vision of the University’s and the Faculty’s future, as well as their contribution to such a future
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae
- Information regarding present occupation, remuneration package and citizenship
- Names and contact details of three referees
- An indication of the earliest date for commencement of duties
- Certified copies of certificates.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of staff, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.