General Mechanic , BUMC Facilities Management
Tracking Code 3914/J2816
This position is a General Mechanic within the BUMC Office of Facilities Management. The individual will be part of the maintenance team responsible for executing both the scheduled preventative and the reactionary maintenance program. The focus of the individual's tasks will be associated with the operation of the Biological Safety Laboratories (BSL) including infrastructure and ancillary support systems.
- Five to eight years related experience in the maintenance and repair of building systems
- Ability to specify proper parts and equipment for repairs and new installations.
- Requires a working knowledge of computer software including databases and office suite software.
- Experience with building automation systems graphical interface, preferably Siemens Building Automation systems.
- Position will routinely require the ability to lift and move heavy items and equipment.
- Position will routinely require the use of ladders and accessing elevated areas such as catwalks.
- The position will interact within the laboratory setting.
- Must be able to work in close proximity to animals.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Must be able to lift and move items and equipment up to 70 pounds.
- The position requires the ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write fluently in the English language.
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license.
- Work requires 5 years’ experience with the credentials of a Massachusetts Journeyman’s License(s) in the appropriate specialties and building maintenance experience.
- Specialty: maintain valid Mass. Plumber’s, Refrigeration Technician, or Electrician’s License.
- Mass. Plumber’s License
- Mass. Journeyman Steamfitter’s License.
- Mass. Electrician’s License.
- Mass. Boiler Operator’s License.
- Mass. Waste Water operator’s license.
- Mass. Refrigeration License and a Federal Reclamation License.
- Certified Backflow Prevention Device Inspector.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular