ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POST OF VICE CHANCELLOR
Nalanda University, Rajgir is an International Institution of National Importance, established by an Act of the Indian Parliament (Nalanda University Act, 2010) and supported by the East Asia Summit participating countries. Please visit University website at www.nalandauniv.edu.in for further details.
The Search Committee of the Governing Board invites applications for the post of Vice Chancellor of Nalanda University.
The Vice Chancellor being the Academic as well as Administrative Head of the University is expected to be:
1. An outstanding scholar with proven record preferably in the field of Asian Studies, broadly defined.
2. A visionary with proven leadership qualities, demonstrated administrative ability and experience at a senior level in a reputed University or equivalent Institution of Higher learning.
3. A person having skills to work with international stake holders including Foreign Governments.
Salary and Service Conditions:
The Post carries a pay of US$ 80,000 (Fixed) per annum and other allowances as per the norms of the University.
The Vice Chancellor is a Full time salaried Position of the University with posting at Rajgir and the appointment will be on tenure / deputation basis for a period of 5 years or upto the attainment of age of 70 years whichever is earlier. The applicant should not be more than 65 years of Age as on the Closing date of application.
Procedure for Appointment:
Appointment will be made by the Visitor from the panel of names recommended by the Governing Board. The Governing Board reserves the right to consider the names of candidates who might not have applied for the post. The decision of the Governing Board will be considered as final.
The last date for the receipt of application is 30 days from the date of Advertisement i.e. 30/11/2016
The entire application process is paperless in keeping with the University’s commitment to sustainability. Interested applicants must submit the following documents via email to: email@example.com
- Covering letter
- Updated CV with photograph
- Vision Document for the University for next five (5) years.
- Contact information of at least three (3) referees of prominence
“Application for the post of Vice Chancellor, Nalanda University”, should be the subject line of the Email.