Associate Professor and Director of Assessment (MBBS) and Deputy Director MCSHE
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
Monash Centre for Scholarship in Health Sciences Education (MCSHE)
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $135,812 - $149,616 pa Level D
(plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Achieve at one of the top 100 universities in the world
- Where international collaboration is pursued
- Plenty of reasons to be inspired
If you're after a rewarding career, Monash University can help make it happen. With leading academics and world-class resources, combined with a ranking in the top 100 universities worldwide, we offer all you need to build a brighter future.
This new position will make a leading contribution to research and education through undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, supervision and attracting high quality postgraduate students and external research grants.
You will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of assessment in the Monash University medicine program through the gathering and generation of data to support decision-making, ensuring the standardisation of assessment, reporting on assessment outcomes and conducting research regarding assessment. You will also develop and implement systematic evaluation strategies for medicine which can be generalised to other health science courses in the faculty.
As an Associate Professor you are expected to make a significant contribution to all activities of the faculty and play a significant role within the profession.
We welcome applications from candidates who have:
- a PhD in an area relating to health and/or education or equivalent accreditation and standing
- demonstrated excellence in education, research and leadership, nationally and internationally, as evidenced by a strong teaching and research record
- demonstrated leadership and excellence in teaching and learning innovation and strategy
- experience in leading, managing and co-ordinating a broad range of academic functions in line with strategic objectives.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Professor Charotte Rees, Director, +61 3 9905 9995
Friday 16 December 2016, 11:55pm AEDT